Takapuna boat club, 39 The Stand
“Shall i fall on bended knees And wait for someone to bless me With happiness and a life of golden dreams? No. I shall run into the desert of life with my arms open, Sometimes falling, sometimes stumbling, But always picking myself up, a thousand times if necessary…” from Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Sankapla
Studio Classes & Workshops
We are ever evolving our sessions in alignment with the fluidity of these ever changing times. Every session taught will be unique in nature according to the Ayurvedic dosha’s of our guests, the Tattwa’s on that day (elemental influence) and the specific goals of our clients and the focus for each specific class.
We will be back in the studio in July 2020
Our teaching ways, what to bring and more....
OUR TEACHING •
Work at your own pace in all of our achievable classes.
All Yoga classes include a component of Asana, Pranayama and mindfulness. Leaving the complete personality harmonised and balanced. Promoting calm and ease. All of our sessions are unique and vary in nature.
YOGASANA • postures for a balanced healthy body.
PRANAYAMA • breath work for a clear, balanced mind and balanced nervous systems.
YOGA NIDRA • deep relaxation for the whole self.
If you can breathe you can practise this style of yoga!
WHAT TO BRING •
An open mind, yoga mat, blanket, and a smile.
Some loan mats and blankets are available, however we always encourage you to bring your own for hygiene reasons.
CLASS VENUE • PLEASE CHECK THE VENUE BEFORE YOU SET OFF.
NEW STUDENTS • Please arrive early at your first class to register and inform the teacher of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
PREGNANT STUDENTS • Please contact the teacher before coming to class so we can agree the most suitable class for you and your baby.
CLASS ETIQUETTE • Whether you are joining us online, or in person, please familiarise yourself with our class etiquette.
- Be punctual: please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the class start time.
- Cellphones off: turn all mobile devices off before entering all sessions.
- Microphones off: Mute all microphones if they are not already.
- Camera On: if your cameras are switched off please understand we cannot see you to keep you safe or guide you with any corrections, this is always your responsibility in all sessions.
- Be Safe: If something is not suitable for you please leave it out. Do the practises simply in the mind as this still has a positive effect. Let the teacher know about any existing health conditions or if you are pregnant.
- No recording: please no recording of any kind with any classes. In the future we will be recording our online Zoom classes and these will be available.
- Doors will be locked: once classes start both online and in person the door is locked for security, respect for the practice, and for other guests. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.